If you plan to get started with drone construction site photography, then there are a few things that you need to plan and consider. The first part is that the photos should look real and natural. That means, you need to put in minimal effort to click good pictures with the drone photography techniques. Secondly, you ought to understand the kind of shots you need to go with to recreate the site scene. Here are a few tips that will help you get started with the construction drone photography.
- The first step is research. If you don’t know what you are getting into, and have no clue how it works, then you might not get the desired result. For instance, what kind of shots are possible at the construction site? What is the minimum and maximum flight level that you can cross using the drone? What kind of things you are supposed to click at the construction site? There are areas that the drones need not cover when clicking the construction site pictures. When you don’t have the thoroughness associated with research, you might not be able to get the desired results.
- The next thing in question is proper planning. You ought to get started with planning the lighting for the different types of shots. You should have a checklist ready for the construction drone photography as well. Your planning should also take into consideration the tough weather and other aspects as they are very important in ensuring proper photography and decent shots of the construction site. Your flight timing and the number of flights should also be decided when planning the site photography
- The drones are known to fly for around 20 minutes. Make sure your flight time counts, and you fulfil the desired shot list during that period. In case you are unable to complete the shots, you can always use the backup batteries available to complete the shots. To make the most of your flight time, you ought to decide what angles to shoot the pictures from, and what kind of pictures you need to take. When the drone comes back from the first instance of drone construction site photography, then you ought to power it off before taking off for the next instance
- While beginning with construction photography, you ought to make sure you are clear with the drone type and the limit the drone has. For instance, the drone can travel up to a certain height only, and you are supposed to know it before flying the drone. You should ideally log the flight hours for the construction drone photography so that you are aware how much height it has traveled, and what to expect from the drone that you are using. The knowledge of the drone’s height and altitude will help you decide the shots for the construction site
- It is important that you take the drone at a low level as well to inspect certain parts of the construction site. It is easy to fly it high but, you need to capture the shots from the lower level as well